Thursday, October 02, 2014

October already??


Is it just me, or has this year just flown past??

As I get older I feel like the years pass by quicker and quicker. I can remember last October like it was just yesterday! Planning a surprise 50th party for my 2nd mom (Mom-in-law), prepping for my final exam for my degree! Hell, I can vaguely remember when I was about 10 years old, being that nosey little kid hanging around the adults, and hearing them saying the exact same thing! The years seem to be passing quicker, maybe it's just because we're busier? Who knows!

A lot has changed in a year, but some things will always stay the same...like my need to start Christmas shopping when October rolls around. Am I the only one that does this??? Never mind the fact that more than half of our family still have to celebrate their birthdays...

October fills me with a sense of urgency and a need to get things done, with it's promises of summer just around the corner, Jacaranda trees lining the roads in full bloom - reminding me that the year is drawing to a close.

This is a street in Kensington lined with Jacaranda Trees, they're not this purple yet, but within a week or 2 they should be!
This October promises to be a busy one! With close friends of ours getting married and 2 milestone birthdays, and I'm the baker for all 3 occasions!! YAY!! Not to mention it's cancer awareness month, this is a issue that hits close to home - My Gran passed away from cancer and I have two amazingly strong friends fighting this dreadful disease... Ladies please have your girls checked out, they never fail in having you checked out! *wink wink*

I feel like I need to get more organised as this year's end draws closer. I need to get my s#*! together - like the kind of girl that always wears matching underwear - wearing matching underwear makes you feel like you have some sort of feminine super power! Hahaha anyway I've strayed off topic but whatever.

I hope everyone has a wonderful October!

No comments:

Post a Comment