Friday, October 17, 2014

Things I'm an expert at...#Blogtober14 Day 17

I have a thing about people that like to blow their own horn, it annoys me because they usually come across as self-important and pompous. I would never claim to be an expert at anything unless I know absolutely 100% about said topic... Having said that, I have come to the conclusion that I'm not really an expert at much, so here goes:

I am an expert at being me! Nobody else can do Simone quite like I can and I wouldn't want to be any different from the way I am. I have an outgoing personality which I love and I have some darn good talents.

I'm really good at being optimistic, I always try see the positive side of a situation and there's always a smile on my face!!

I'm an expert at being on holiday, I nail that 100% EVERY TIME!

I'm an expert at letting plants die, I cannot keep them alive. Last year September I got the perfect plant for me, it's called an Impala Lilly, they grow in the Kruger National Park, that's where I bought it, they only need water like once a month, it's perfect for me!

I'm an expert at eating vegetables, seriously I would eat vegetables everyday if possible, the one time I even got a bit (maybe more than a bit) upset because we hadn't had vegetables for like a week. It was holidays and who cooks vegetables over holidays, it was more like burgers and hotdogs etc all the time. So I got so upset that I started crying and made Riaan take me to Woolies so I could get a huge microwavable bowl of spinach and butternut! I love all the vegetables, except brussle sprouts, they are Satan's spawn!!!

I am really good at remembering song lyrics, and at correcting Riaan when he's singing the wrong lyrics!!

I'm really good at baking, I love it, one day I might tell you about the time I won the Sunday Times Best Chocolate Cake competition. I'm also quite good at cooking.

I'm an expert at brushing my teeth anywhere BUT in the bathroom. I dunno, I just really like to wander around the house while I brush my teeth. I even do it when we sleep over at friends.

I'm an expert at loving animals, especially giraffes and fluffy animals! Excuse the high quality of the picture!

So that's just a few of the more interesting things I'm an expert at. I'm also an expert at being clumsy, just FYI!

8 comments:

  1. Yum! That cake looks absolutely delish! Hey, i'm really good at letting plants die too. None of them stand a chance, ever! Haha Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's absolutely amazing! Hahaha glad I'm not alone, I had a cactus, it survived almost 4 years, that was a record for me, it's the only plant I've ever had for that long! Happy Friday :D

      Delete
  2. I sometimes have a little wonder around when brushing my teeth - and also when taking off make up/ moisturizing etc! :) Is that you and a lion in the photo to the left! :O That's amazing!
    http://alovetriangle.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I just find it pointless staring at myself in the mirror for 3 minutes straight :/ it is :D all of those are me, I also have a picture of me with a baby tiger :D There are places here where you can interact with almost any animal, cheetahs, elephants, birds of prey, you name it :)

      Delete
    2. Omg that's so amazing! I would love see all those animals, especially an elephant! But a baby tiger, wow it doesn't get much better than that :) My aunt has been to the tiger temple in Thailand and has photos of her holding and feeding cubs, I think when I saw the photos I knew someday I'd like to have photos and experiences like that.. although bit difficult when you live in England ;)

      Delete
    3. You'll have to come to SA, you can do it all here, even ride an elephant :) Ah that must've been amazing for your aunt, I can't wait to go to Thailand!! I'll post a picture with the tiger soon k!!

      Delete
  3. My husband wanders while he brushes his teeth! AND tries to talk to me, which drives me crazy. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Dorrie your comment made me laugh so much, my husband and I have a toothbrushing language of our own, we could have a conversation and understand one another! I swear it's not normal!! :D Thank you!! xx

      Delete