Friday, January 02, 2015

Resolution schmesolution


Happy New Year!!! I really do hope 2015 is a year of happiness, health and prosperity for everyone. I hope you follow your dreams and make them a reality!

I'm not the kind of person to set resolutions.
The only reason being, that resolutions are generally really broad spectrum and generalised. They don't have a time frame. Stop smoking, lose weight, get fit, the list continues but is so unspecific.
I don't like to stick to something for a few months and then by June no one really cares about what they resolved to do in January.

I prefer to set goals and work towards achieving them. They aren't short term goals, they are an aim to achieve and maintain.

I have a few goals for myself and the blog this year, so here goes, time to make myself accountable!
For the Blog:
1. I need to get more real on the blog, stop being so serious, talk to you guys the way I'd talk to my friends, be more myself.
2. I need to grow the blog, it's not about followers, it's about loyal readers.
3. I need to learn how to take kick-ass photos, since I got a DSLR for Christmas it's time to get snappy happy and take a few tutorials!

For Myself:
1. I need to be healthier, clean eating at least 80% of the time, I'm generally a healthy person but this year I want to be healthier.
2. This year I want to complete both Kayla Itsines Bikin Body Guides, I did half of the first guide last year and loved it, so as soon as we have settled in London I'll be starting guide one again.
3. I need to do the washing and ironing once a week, last year I was terrible, I'd leave it for 2 weeks and then procrastinate because the bundle had gotten a little big and would take more than an hour and a half. LAME!!
4. I need to start a proper skincare routine - day and night - and stick to it!! The 20's are apparently an important time in skincare so I better get to it. I used to just wash and moisturise and do a face mask once in a blue moon. S#*t is gonna get real now!!
5. I will learn how to (and do a post about how to) make a lemon meringue tart, it's my favourite non chocolate dessert, peppermint crisp tart is a close second, I will do a post on that too!

Our travel goal for 2015 is to go to Amsterdam in spring, we want to ride bicycles through tulip fields while they are in full bloom.


It is sooo pretty!!
What are your goals for 2015??

No comments:

Post a Comment