Monday, February 16, 2015

Shrove Tuesday AKA Pancake Day

Since tomorrow is it's almost Shrove Tuesday AKA Pancake day here in London, I am going to share 2 recipes with you...

1 - The healthy banana pancake recipe I plan on trying for breakfast tomorrow morning (follow me on Instagram if you want to see how it turns out).

So since I started Kayla Itsines again today after a few months of being WAAAY to inactive, I decided to try healthy pancakes for Pancake day tomorrow!

I found the recipe for 4 ingredient choc chip pancakes here, but I'll be adapting it a little...

Ingredients:
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of ripe mashed banana
A pinch of baking powder

Method:
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
Heat your pan and coat it with spray and cook.
Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and spread it into a circle.
Let it cook until it's light brown, flip it over when the edges are dry and the bottom is pretty golden.  Cook it for about a minute on the other side.
Put the pancake in a plate to one side.
Continue making pancakes until all the batter is used up.

I'll be having my pancakes topped with peanut butter and apple, don't judge...just try it!!

2 - The recipe for the French crepes I made for Valentine's Breakfast this weekend.
Ingredients:
1.5 cups of flour - sifted
250ml water
300ml milk
2 large eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
Butter/spray and cook to coat the pan

Method:
In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together, except the butter.
Make sure there are no lumps and the batter is well combined.
Set the batter aside for about an hour is better, or overnight in the fridge if possible.
Heat the pan over medium-high heat, melt a little bit of butter, just enough to lightly coat the pan, or coat it with spray and cook.
Pour the batter into center of pan, jug, cup or ladle. 
Spread with the ladle/swirl the batter until you've made a circle.
Cook for 2 minutes or until the edges start browning and bubbles form in the batter.
Flip (with the mad skills that I know you possess) and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
Place the crepe in a plate to one side, continue making crepes until all the batter has been used up.
Re-grease the pan every few crepes.
Once all the batter has been used up, you can add all kinds of awesomeness to the crepes.

We melted nutella in and folded them over French style, and then served them with fresh dark red cherries and blueberries.

Note - I added a little extra milk to make batter and crepes thinner. You can play around according to your preference.

I was going to share Aunty Annies awesome pancake recipe with you but I need to find the additional notes to it, so keep an eye out for our recipe for awesome pancakes.

For a yummy savoury filling in your pancake/crepe try filling it with some cheese, a sprinkle of aromat and a few drops of tabasco, then pop it in the microwave until the cheese melts...AMAZEBALLS!!

What will you be making for pancake day? Traditional pancakes or something a little different?

2 comments:

  1. I miss you too much... Enjoy your pancakes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah I miss you too! Come to London!! Remind me why you didn't get visas for your stop-over?? You could have had an extra week of holiday in London! Oh and bysies, banana pancakes are the shizz!! For real, you should try them when you get home! xxx

      Delete